Here at Shelby Presbyterian Church, children are welcomed and valued as the future of the church, so we continually work to improve and add programs and services that appeal to and educate our youngest members. Many of these activities are administered by our Director of Christian Education. If you would like to schedule a meeting with her, or request that she accompany and introduce your family at your initial visit to any of programs, please call the church office to make arrangements.
Ongoing Programs for Children (Toddlers-5th Grade):
- Infants and toddlers (birth-age 2) - Nursery care during both worship services and Sunday School is provided in Room 102 on the office hall. Tricia Butler and Erica Vargas oversee the care of children in that class
- Ages 3 through Grade 6 - Sunday School classes
- Grade 2 - First Communion instruction in preparation to receive this sacrament on World Communion Sunday
- Grade 5 - Catechism instruction (Dates TBA)
- Grade 5 - Acolyte program
- Grades K through 5 - Prayer of Dedication offered by a child during both Sunday services
- Grades K through 5 - Children’s Sabbath and Christmas Eve Family Worship services led by children
- Ages 3 and up - Children’s Time during Sunday morning worship
- Age 4 yrs-5th grade- Hand Bell training
- Music Makers meet for the last 15 minutes of Sunday School after Labor Day. They meet in Room 201 and are led by Anne Langley. This is for 3 and 4 year olds and Grades K-5. They sing and play musical instruments.
Annual Events Focusing on Children:
- Summer Bible Camp
- Easter Egg Hunt