We try hard to show our care for our fellow church members and we have several committees who have become the “mother hens” of our church family.
Here are some ways that committees and individuals minister to fellow SPC members:
- Praying for those who request
- Arranging for home bound communion
- Visiting and sending cards to the sick or infirm
- Sending welcome cards to visitors and new members
- Participating in the Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Training and participating in the Stephen Ministry (lay people who provide spiritual and emotional care to those experiencing life difficulties). Click here for more info.
- Hosting 90th birthday celebrations
- Organizing Neighborhood Groups – Neighborhood deacon and elder help to co-ordinate care (meals, cards, prayer requests, etc.) for folks in their neighborhood
- Praying as a congregation for a list of SPC members and non- members requesting prayers, as well as a particular group of children for that month